Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Quatum of Solace 007 (2008)

Quantum of Solace picks up right after the last James Bond movie. Bond is planing to take revenge on the man that killed the woman he fall in love with in the last movie, but M does not want him to just act out of pain and lose site of his mission. There are a lot of cool chase scenes that keep things moving but this film at times can be thoughtful. The movies lacks the gadget hummer of the earlier films. But has some dry funny moments that do not interferer with the more slam tone of the film.

One of the things that I was worried about in this film was not so much to car chasing but the skirt chasing. I know that Bond is a spy so it would be hard to see him in a lasting relationship. But one of my big issues with the 007 movies is that Bond seem to sleep with almost every last woman good or bad who is not Miss Moneypenny or M. But in this film with Bond being heart-broken he does not bed-hop as much as in other films. Bond seems to have grown more a heart over the years in how he deals with woman. In Quantum Bond does work with a woman in pain that he relates to and respects in a rather unselfish way.
I like the intro with the new song "Another way to die" sang by Alicia Keys and Jake White (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM5UJvnbbuY to view on YouTube) but "Live and Let Die" is still my favorite Bond song. The movie is at times hard to follow but it is some what easy to get what is basically going on. This is not a film for children with it having violence, some language, and a one night-stand. I would give this film 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Achison, Kansas, United States
A college student, that hope to be a teacher some day. I like religion,music,movie,and reading. I like to study and dissgue Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body and (God willing) would like to teach classes on it after I get a Master's in Catholic Theology. And also please note that I am dyslexic and offten mispeal words.