Saturday, July 4, 2009

Wanted (2008)

Wanted is an action movie about a normal guy that gets recruited into the "fraternity"a secret society with the motto "kill one to save a thousand." From the get go when I heard about the movie from the trailers, "kill one to save a thousand" unnerved me because I believe that all life is holy, but my family found the movie at rental store and we watched the movie. Oh why did I not listen to my gut and skip this one?



The movie has some really cool scenes but you could count them on one hand and the rest of the movie is really dark, cruel,, bloodly, and convoluted. There are times where it seems like maybe, just maybe the movie is going to pull off a good point or at least have better acting scenes than what was shown in the trailers, but never pays off. This movie is very violent and doesn't really do much to show that violence is wrong...which at least to me is a problem, a very big problem. Many times the plot seems to change it's mind on whether the fraternity is good or bad and in the end, still doesn't have it's mind made up. It was weird because one thing that I kept thinking about, watching this movie, was better movies that I wanted to see like "The Matrix" and "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider." I give this movie one out of five stars because the trailers for the movie are way better than the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Achison, Kansas, United States
A college student, that hope to be a teacher some day. I like religion,music,movie,and reading. I like to study and dissgue Pope John Paul II's Theology of the Body and (God willing) would like to teach classes on it after I get a Master's in Catholic Theology. And also please note that I am dyslexic and offten mispeal words.